Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread
This cranberry bread is tender and moist. The first time I made it, it immediately became a favorite for the fall and winter holidays. The tart cranberries complement the sweet chocolate so well.—Jessica Hornaday, Nampa, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line bottom of a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan with parchment; grease parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes; loosen sides of bread from pan. Cool completely before removing from pan. For the glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth; if needed, add additional 1 tablespoon milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over top of bread; allow to sit 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 253 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Chocolate Chip Streusel Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012