Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bread
This cranberry bread is tender and moist. The first time I made this quick bread it immediately became a favorite for the fall and winter holidays. The tart cranberries complement the sweet chocolate so well.—Jessica Hornaday, Nampa, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk the egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 229 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Chocolate Chip Streusel Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.