Chimichurri Monkey Bread
The herby goodness of my favorite sauce shines in this nostalgic bread recipe that comes together quickly thanks to refrigerated biscuits. Serve warm as an appetizer with marinara for dipping, or as a side to an Italian entree. —Eden Dranger, Los Angeles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Cut each biscuit in half and shape into a ball. Roll in herb mixture.
- Place biscuit pieces in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 209 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 27, 2014
Very tasty- my hubby loved it!
Sep 9, 2012
This was absolutely wonderful! Prep was simple and it stole the show at dinner. I used a cheap vinegar and regret that - will use a good quality vinegar next time.