Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the bananas, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 14-16 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 63 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 31, 2017
Delicious. turned out very yummy. used regular sized chocolate chips because that's what I had and added a touch of oats for more fiber, great recipe!
Jul 10, 2017
i put oats in them and they turned into some breakfast muffins
May 30, 2017
Made both with and without chocolate chips - both were great!
Feb 21, 2017
These got a thumbs down from the family. Too dry and not enough flavor.
Jul 31, 2016
Wonderful. I made regular sized muffins. It made 22. I baked for about 22 minutes.
May 16, 2016
These were simply delicious! My friends raved about them! They were simple, called for ingredients I regularly have on-hand, and baked up beautifully. They also brought together some of my favorite flavor combinations--chocolate and peanut butter, and banana and peanut butter! I baked normal-sized muffins instead of the mini-sized muffins. I also used slightly less (maybe 1/8 C. less) sugar than the recipe called for.
Jan 29, 2016
I have made these muffins several times now, using standard size muffin tins. The muffins turn out wonderful every time. I used more bananas than the recipe stated; I put the bananas in the blender to make them smooth--to equal 2 cups. I used an electric mixer throughout recipe. I baked the standard size muffins at 350* for 22-25 minutes. The sugar on top isn't even necessary--they are wonderful without the added sugar. My family calls these Chunky Monkey Muffins--we love them. I would definitely rate this recipe with five stars--this recipe is a keeper! Amie, thank you for sharing.
Oct 2, 2015
Very yummy, the kids had them for breakfast and after school snack.
Sep 13, 2015
These are fantastic... 6 yr old fussy eater approved!
Aug 18, 2015
Fabulous. I've been making them for 3 years, my 3 small children love them, we make them all the time! We don't even add the sugar on top, they are awesome without it. We've made them in mini muffin tins and regular muffin size. So glad I came across this recipe.