Banana Apple Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and banana.
- Fill greased muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 19, 2015
Super easy to make, but not very flavorful. Maybe some orange juice would help? Still, not sure I'll make this again. I liked that it made a small batch!
Jan 27, 2012
Just bit into my first one and it's delicious! Very moist and good flavor. I used a golden delicious apple.
Nov 6, 2011
I found after mixing everything the batter was too moist and even after it baked for the stated time they were still wet inside, so I tried to bake a little longer but it only over cooked the edges, center was still moist and I see someone else had the same problem.
Mar 12, 2011
I overbaked these little muffins somewhat and they were still moist and lightly sweet, if a bit dark. The banana and apple are a bit faint, but you can taste them. I doubled the recipe to share with visiting friends and had no trouble. They are a bit plain, though; a drizzle of white glaze would dress them up nicely.
Mar 2, 2010
Really tasty, yummy and healthy!
Jan 9, 2010
I didn't have allspice, so I substituted my favorite, pumpkin pie spice. Really, really great recipe. I really enjoyed it.