Peanut Banana Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, butter and bananas. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 17, 2014
This is my favorite muffin recipe! So easy, and it is good with no matter what type of chips you add.
Apr 16, 2014
Really good. I added more bananas in order to add about 1/4 cup each of chia seeds and milled flax seed. And I substituted oil for the butter and used 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour instead of just white all purpose flour.
Apr 7, 2014
This recipe is simple and tasty. I love the hint of peanut butter chips it adds, I would not change a thing.
Feb 3, 2014
Healthified this recipe a tad, but overall good recipe. Subbed 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour for AP, 6 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 tbsp. canola for the melted butter, omitted PB chips (too much trans fat) and added mini semisweet chocolate chips instead for a treat. Will make these again!
Nov 13, 2012
Nov 2, 2011
I've used this recipe as a base hundreds of times over the years, and they always turn out amazing! I always tweak it and use 50/50 wheat flour and/or Splenda (to make them a bit healthier) along with 1 t. vanilla, 1/2 c. oatmeal and 1/2 c. applesauce. Sometimes I will cut down or omit the bananas and use canned pumpkin, strawberry/rhubarb or extra applesauce (chuck or flavored) depending on our mood. I'll also change up the chips to match the other flavors. We love them!
Apr 18, 2010
Really enjoyed the PB chips.