Chocolate Banana Bran Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Stir in bran flakes. In another bowl, whisk eggs, bananas, oil and buttermilk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Fill foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 12-14 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 169 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2017
I LOVE that these are mixed in one bowl. These are perfectly moist, and the bran flakes give them a nice texture. You could distinguish the bran flakes in the muffin, in just the right way. The chocolate and banana flavors were a hit with both my kids!