Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Additional sugar
- Combine flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine milk and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture. Fold in the raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 20, 2015
Very good. Will be using this muffin recipe for any other fruit muffins I make. Easy and delicious.
Jan 4, 2015
Great recipe. Very simple.
Apr 20, 2014
Love this recipe!
Dec 29, 2013
Loved this recipe - hubby liked them as they are light consistency. Only used half cup sugar and 2 cups s r flour. This recipe is a keeper to use with other berries, nice with cinnamon sugar on top and dob of sour cream on the side:-)
Oct 3, 2013
This is not a recipe for muffins, but rather sounds like one for cupcakes. Muffins are quick breads, so they require a lot more flour and baking powder than this recipe suggests, a lot less sugar and a higher temperature. I followed the recipe to the letter and the result was really mediocre: they were flat and too sweet. You need 2 cups of flour, 4 tsp of baking powder and 1/2 cup of sugar. It also needs to cook at 400 for about 12mn, not 375 and 20mn.
Aug 6, 2013
My only complaint is from all the raspberry seeds, but that comes with the territory.
Jul 28, 2013
Very easy and simple to make. The family enjoyed them. On top of the muffins I sprinkles sugar and cinnamon.
Jul 11, 2013
Husband and grandkids love this I used fresh berries Clay had just picked
Jul 10, 2013
My family loved this. I used 2 cups of red raspberries, and lemon flavoring instead of vanilla. I also sprinkled turbinado sugar (fair trade) on top.
Nov 13, 2012
Very tasty and simple - will make again with a bit less sugar.