Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
"Yummy chocolate and luscious berries create bursts of sweetness in these treats," relates Carol Schwammel of Antioch, California. "My family enjoys the muffins even before they are done baking because they make the kitchen smell heavenly!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil, orange juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.