Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, milk, oil, orange juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups or cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
1 each: 232 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jun 18, 2008
I used regular, not quick, oatmeal and these muffins turned out delicious.
EK - Austin, MN