Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and buttermilk; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in berries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2015
Yummy. Loved the smell. I will probably add a bit more liquid to my next batch. I live In a dry climate and the batter seemed a bit too thick.
May 25, 2015
These were easy and good - but really needed a bit more sugar in the batter :)
Feb 22, 2012
Very tasty and great texture. Used blackberries, instead. Perfection.
Nov 7, 2011
very good.. nice and moist.
Sep 10, 2009
My DH loves raspberries. These look great! I too, love the crunch of sugar on top of a muffin. I always sprinkle sugar on my blueberry muffins...just like my Mom did!
Sep 10, 2009
These muffins are great! I used lemon juice and milk as a substitute for buttermilk and also used still frozen raspberries. A very light muffin.
Feb 3, 2009
I used frozen raspberries too and they did turn out great. I also sprinkled some sugar, large crystals, over the tops for a little crunch. Delicious!
Mar 26, 2008
These were yummy! I used frozen mixed berries. I didn't thaw them as the recipe states and they still turned out great.