Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk yogurt and buttermilk until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 145 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Jul 28, 2017
was not impressed at all - disappointed to waste the ingredients and time on this recipe.
Feb 3, 2017
Disappointed -texture was very different. I kept adding baking time because center was too wet. I even tossed my berries with flour before folding in. Tasted like a pancake but not a good crumb texture. Will not make again.
Jun 25, 2008
I too was very disappointed with this recipe. I wonder also if eggs were omitted from it. The muffins are a very strange texture, unedible. Just sorry that the above comment was not submitted before I printed off the recipe!! Would have saved jme from a baking disaster.
May 30, 2008
When I tried these muffins, I noticed the recipe didn't mention anything about folding in the berries so I also wondered if eggs were left out or the recipe really didn't call for eggs. They were very coarse textured, nothing I'd make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.