Raspberry Cream Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream, just until moistened. Stir in chips and reserved raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine brown sugar and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 299 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 10, 2016
Moist, tasty, and well-received when I brought them for breakfast with a group of women. I also used heavy whipping cream instead of half-and-half since that was what I had on hand. As also noted by HOGWriter, some of the muffins split when I was releasing them from the pan - although I experienced this both with & without the paper muffin liners, especially for muffins that "overflowed" either berries or the sugar streusel topping.
Aug 9, 2015
Grood recipe. I added 1tsp almond extract and 1/2 cup toasted & chopped almonds. I also added 1/4 cup of the almonds with the brown sugar for a crunchier strussel. My berries were whole, frozen so I added 1this flour along with the sugar. Really great muffins that withstand changes.
Sep 11, 2014
Wowie Wowie Wowie! Are these ever delicious muffins! I followed recipe exactly except I sprinkled Sugar in the Raw on top instead of brown sugar. I used my Ninja to chop up the white chips very fine. Excellent muffins!!!! Thanks for the delicious recipe and I am making these again real soon. Love!
Jan 21, 2013
These are so moist and taste wonderful. I will definitely make these again.
Dec 11, 2012
This recipe is fabulous!I used up my half n half and didnt quite have enough so I made up the difference with heavy whipping cream and then I didnt have raspberries so I finely chopped cranberries and WOW, they are so.... Good!
Nov 23, 2012
Recommend using paper cups. Berries are delicate and large ones especially, fracture the integrity of muffins when trying to release from pan. We loved them even with cracks, and will definately make again. The almond extract is a plus - it really ties the flavors together well.
Sep 10, 2012
Using 1% milk in place of the cream and a little less sugar, these were still great. I skipped the extra sugar on top and added some chopped pecans. My dad joined us for breakfast this morning and said they were the best muffins he'd ever had.
Jul 2, 2012
Won 2nd place in a baking contest at the county fair with this recipe. Had to make and bake them on the spot. Turn out great!!
Nov 29, 2011
These are soooo delicious! One of the very best muffin recipes ever!
Aug 11, 2011
I was going through all my old issues of Taste of Home, Quick Cooking magazines and I ran across this recipe again. I finally got around to making it. What a WONDERFULLY moist muffin and easy to make. I did get 15 muffins instead of 12 but I'm not complaining. All I can say is YUMMY every last one!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.