Favorite Banana Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 207 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 8, 2019
These were amazing, moist and delicious.. Until I finished eating it and ended up with a horrid aftertaste. Not sure if it's too much baking soda maybe? I followed the recipe to a T, minus a little bit of extra chocolate of course.
Oct 9, 2018
Wow what an easy recipe! I used mini chocolate chips instead of regular and added walnuts. It also took my oven closer to 23 minutes to cook through. But these little muffins are just delicious!
Sep 29, 2018
This is a very simple but delicious recipe. My whole family enjoyed munching these down! Definitely a keeper!
Apr 26, 2018
These are really good. Chocolate chips are a great addition to the already delicious muffin.
Mar 25, 2018
I'll be generous because this ended up being really tasty once I added 1/3 cup of milk. Beforehand it was a dry crumbly mess that would have never formed into a muffin, so I'm surprised to see all the rave reviews.
Aug 2, 2017
Love this recipes. I often have too many bananas and make this a lot. I substitute the applesauce for the butter and I reduce the sugar to 1/3 cup. They come our great and gone right away. I am a Volunteer Food Editor and love trying new recipes.
Jul 23, 2017
i reduced the sugar to 1/4 cup and added an extra banana. came out great!
Jun 12, 2017
Delicious warm or room temperature!
May 14, 2016
Perfect name for this recipe! Made this favorite muffin many times. Out of necessity I have easily used oil with same great results. This is a quick recipe that can be made into lots of mini-muffins or impressive full size muffins. As a volunteer field editor for Taste of Home, I enjoy classic recipe that easily adapt to ingredients on-hand.
Mar 26, 2016
Wonderful! I made it as a loaf, and it was delicious. I will make this recipe again.