Banana Mocha-Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in bananas, vanilla and coffee mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 198 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2017
These are very tasty, but why is there such a huge amount of chocolate chips? Dial back the amount to perhaps 3/4 C, maybe even 1/2 C and the wonderful mocha flavour will come through perfectly.
Sep 3, 2017
This recipe is a keeper. The muffins are so moist, chocolatey and just plain yummy!
Jul 14, 2015
I will never make another banana muffin recipe. These are the best.
Oct 16, 2014
Boy were these good! The only thing I did different was I used" mini" chocolate chips. They are very moist and addicting! Bet you can't eat just one:}
Oct 16, 2014
I made these yesterday for Bible study and boy were they well received! Next time I will use a stronger coffee to enhance that flavor & might substitute white chocolate chips and banana flavoring... made 23 instead of 24 and used about 1-1/2 cup mashed bananas. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 15, 2014
Looks like the same recipe as the Banana-Coffee Cake Muffins made at Kathleen's Bake Shop (known now as Tate's Bake Shop) in Southampton, NY. I have the recipe book from this bakery and have been making these muffins for my family for over 10 years. They are great!!