Banana Mocha-Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 5 teaspoons hot water
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in bananas, vanilla and coffee mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 198 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 10, 2019
I don't normally sign up on websites just to rate a recipe but this recipe is so incredibly delicious, I just had to! If you are looking for one of THE best tasting muffins, look no further! Following another reviewer's post, I used 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips. I had instant espresso coffee that I added as well as banana extract and toasted hazelnuts. I made them into mini muffins to use for Easter brunch. All I can say is OMG - these are absolutely fantastic! My family wholeheartedly agrees with me! Try it, I guarantee you won't be sorry! This is definitely a keeper! Thanks Melissa for posting it!??
Oct 23, 2017
These are very tasty, but why is there such a huge amount of chocolate chips? Dial back the amount to perhaps 3/4 C, maybe even 1/2 C and the wonderful mocha flavour will come through perfectly.
Sep 3, 2017
This recipe is a keeper. The muffins are so moist, chocolatey and just plain yummy!
Jul 14, 2015
I will never make another banana muffin recipe. These are the best.
Oct 16, 2014
Boy were these good! The only thing I did different was I used" mini" chocolate chips. They are very moist and addicting! Bet you can't eat just one:}
Oct 16, 2014
I made these yesterday for Bible study and boy were they well received! Next time I will use a stronger coffee to enhance that flavor & might substitute white chocolate chips and banana flavoring... made 23 instead of 24 and used about 1-1/2 cup mashed bananas. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 15, 2014
Looks like the same recipe as the Banana-Coffee Cake Muffins made at Kathleen's Bake Shop (known now as Tate's Bake Shop) in Southampton, NY. I have the recipe book from this bakery and have been making these muffins for my family for over 10 years. They are great!!