Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, room temperature
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin (without optional topping): 278 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2019
Absolutely delicious! Moist and chocolatey. Easy, quick to assemble and great way to use up 4 bananas! Used cupcake liners, made more 12 and like others skipped topping. As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I love recipes that use ingredients I have on hand and can be assembled quickly!
Jul 16, 2018
These muffins are very good, I did not put on the topping, just sprinkled with a little sugar.
Apr 25, 2018
Outstanding even without the topping. So rich and great reviews from everyone that tasted them. Added to my ‘go to’ recipes!
Jul 24, 2017
These are the best muffins I've ever made, possibly the best ones I've ever eaten. I did half whole-wheat flour just for some added fiber and they were still incredibly rich and soft.
May 13, 2017
These muffins are very good. Love the double chocolate flavor. May use mini chocolate chips next time. I use semi sweet chips which were great. They are definitely a keeper.
Apr 14, 2017
These are good but I've had better chocolate banana muffins.
Mar 12, 2017
The Interior of these muffins is supper moist. The outside has a wonderful crispy exterior with the streusel topping. I made these as the recipe states with the exception, I did use whole wheat pastry flour.
Mar 11, 2017
I made these as mini muffins. I didn't make the topping since they are for the kids. They took 13 minutes to bake.
Feb 28, 2017
Mixed the batter and baked it in a bread pan for 60 minutes. Delicious! Definitely a keeper!
Feb 22, 2017
These are SO good! Easy to put together and bake up beautifully. They're dense and moist and you can really taste the banana and the chocolate. I didn't make the optional streusel topping but they really didn't need it. Great for breakfast, lunch, snack, or anytime! These are a keeper and I will definitely make these often! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful muffin recipe!