Banana Muffins with Mini Chocolate Chips
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, oil, banana and applesauce; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Apr 30, 2013
These muffins are very good. A great use for old banana.
Mar 29, 2013
Added another Banana to increase flavor and reduced chips to 3/4 cup. Baked nicely, but OK overall.
Feb 2, 2011
I made this recipe primarily because it only required one banana which was all I had. They were really good, nice & moist, with a mild banana flavor. My family loved them too of course. Gone in a day!! I did note that 15 minutes was plenty of time for baking them.
Jan 30, 2011
Very flavorful and moist. Definately will make them again.
Jan 12, 2011
These are my teenage sons favorite muffins. He and his friends all beg me to make them for them. I have to double and even triple the recipe to keep up with the demand!!
Mar 21, 2010
Not much banana flavor.
Jan 18, 2010
I found the muffins to be moist & delious. I tried half with craisn.
Jul 13, 2009
We loved these muffins. Tried some with Craisins as well and they were also great.
Aug 24, 2008
Found these to be very dry. Ended up tossing them because no one liked them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.