Basic Banana Muffins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. +cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, mash the bananas. Add egg, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 209 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 23, 2019
Very good muffin. I will definitely make these again.
Sep 5, 2019
I use whole wheat flour, sometimes 4 bananas and 1 cup of maple syrup instead of sugar. Love the simplicity and kids love them.
Aug 31, 2019
These are the best muffins ever. Will make again.
Jul 3, 2019
Very good and easy.
Jun 16, 2019
Very easy recipe and quick. Added some milk and they came out perfectly..
May 21, 2019
it is an amazing muffin my kids loved it
Apr 27, 2019
Quick, easy and delicious. I added some peanut butter and milk chocolate chips.
Apr 19, 2019
This recipe was super easy to follow and turned out great! I look forward to trying more recipes. Thanks for giving me a taste of memories.
Mar 28, 2019
I was looking for a good, basic banana muffin recipe and this one fit the bill! So simple to make and just delicious. I threw some butterscotch chips into the batter because I needed to use them up. Next time I might try adding some peanut butter chips, although chips are not necessary since the muffins stand on their own. They're moist and delicious with lots of banana flavor. I did sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top of each muffin before baking. This recipe is perfect for getting kids involved in the kitchen too. I'll definitely keep this recipe handy!
Mar 27, 2019
These are delicious and so easy. Like others I like nuts so I added toasted walnuts. Definitely a keeper!