Banana Nut Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, banana and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 278 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 5, 2018
These are so easy and so good. I think my mom buys extra bananas so they will get soft and I will have to make these.
Apr 26, 2018
These are great to have for breakfast. The only change I made was sprinkling and then gently pressing the walnuts on top of the muffins.
Apr 9, 2018
This recipe was a cake texture, not at all like a muffin. Also, cut back on the sugar-they were very vey sweet. And double the nuts, at least. They were good, but not a good muffin. A great little mini cake!! I also doubled the recipe, and got 18 regular sized muffins.
Feb 12, 2018
Great Recipe! I followed it to the T and they came out yummy! the only problem is I should've made more because they went too fast. Thanks for the recipe!
Apr 22, 2015
Substituted with almond flour, coconut oil, sunflower seeds and turbinado sugar. Added a streusel topping before popping in the oven. Great little muffin recipe with satisfactory texture and flavor. Super easy, quick to throw together and highly versatile.
Feb 18, 2015
These were okay, but nothing outstanding. I wanted to try the recipe, since it was so easy. I will not make them again, though.
Feb 7, 2015
Super simple to make and so moist! If you love banana bread, you will love these too. I added a simple powdered sugar glaze to the top and it was fantastic!
Jan 11, 2015
Very easy, and doubles well. Love the texture and flavor. I like a touch more cinnamon, and I used pecans. Delicious.
Jan 27, 2014
OK, so I made these today and was saving them for breakfast for tomorrow. But, they smelled so good we had to try one. These are sooooooooooooo good. I found they made 7 muffins not 6.
Dec 18, 2013
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I was concerned since the recipe is thick, but they turned out fantastic!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.