Apricot Banana Muffins
These will satisfy your sweet tooth. If you’re eating them hot, try using a fork and dip them in maple syrup or sprinkle them with confectioners sugar. —Gina Berry, Chanhassen, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Stir in banana and cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in apricots and walnuts.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteFill empty muffin cups halfway with water before baking.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 251 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Banana Apricot Walnut Muffins in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.