Banana Split Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 maraschino cherries, halves
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, chocolate chips, walnuts, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine bananas and mayonnaise. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Press a cherry half, cut side down, into the top of reach muffin. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise may not be substituted for regular mayonnaise in this recipe.
Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 286 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2012
Filled the tins with an ice-cream scoop which made them be a good size. Made 11. Using the mayonnaise, made the texture moist, but doughy and not cake-like. Should have not added so many choc. chips, drowned out the banana taste.
Feb 1, 2011
These went over very well - I forgot the nuts and everyone still liked them. Didn't take long to disappear!!
Jun 30, 2009
These are soooo good!!! Wow, moist and yummy everytime. I substituted chopped cashews for the walnuts and they just disappeared.