Banana Macadamia Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bananas, coconut and pineapple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high until heated through, 20-30 seconds.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 294 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 6, 2017
I couldn't find the shredded coconut so made them with flaked coconut. I made these using jumbo cupcake liners filling them more than 2/3's full so that they would rise a little over the top. I made 10 1/2 jumbo muffins with this recipe. Moist and delicious and yes, they do taste better the next day. Definitely a keeper!!
Mar 10, 2015
These are great! Followed the recipe except for pecans instead of macadamia nuts. It made a huge batch........30 ! I'm going to make them for a bake sale later this week.
Mar 3, 2015
I made it as a coffee cake in a 9x13 pan and baked it about 45 minutes. Everyone liked it. I followed the directions as written .Excellent.. Stays nice and moist.
Feb 27, 2015
I made them per the recipe & they were wonderful. My husband thought they might be the best muffin he has ever had (he's eaten more than any other muffin I've ever made). Since it makes a big batch, there was plenty to share with my son's family, freeze some & still have plenty to eat.
Feb 16, 2015
These were really good. Everyone in the family loved them , even my husband , who is not a big fan of banana muffins. I used pecans instead of macadamia nuts. They made a nice big batch and were still good the next day. Delicious. Will definitely be making these again.
Feb 15, 2015
exellent in flavour, very moist. makes double batch. I kept them in the fridge and warmed them up for breakfast. will deffinately make these again
Feb 9, 2015
These muffins were super moist. They were a great hit with my family. They were soooo good warm and just as great cold. I didn't make any changes to the recipe. I 'm not a big fan of coconut, but I used Baker's Angel Flake Coconut Sweetened and it was great. Definitely a keeper!
Feb 7, 2015
made this yesterday, only difference is I made it into an 8 x 8 cake, and still had enough left over for a small loaf pan too. the cake I baked for 45 minutes. and used Walnuts instead of the macadamia nuts because that is what I had. this is a great tasting cake.
Feb 7, 2015
I made these last night, they are good. they were a little on the dry side for me. I normally make a banana, cherry and pecan cupcake that is really moist and a lot more flavorful. probably will not make again...
Jul 16, 2013
Just made this tonight and these are soooo delicious and moist. I lessened the coconut because my daughter doesn't care for it. I will definitely make these again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.