Fruit and Nut Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, raisins and nuts; set aside. In another bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Combine dry ingredients; carefully fold into apple mixture. Do not overmix. Fill 18 greased muffin cups almost to the top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 270 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 11, 2013
While I would indeed make this recipe again I found I had to modify it. There was simply not enough flour to go with all the fruit! I used both whole wheat & white flour but used a total of 3 cups. This also required adding more liquid so I added about a cup of low fat yoghurt and a splash of milk. The ladies in church loved them with these adjustments. Thanks for the recipe!