Cherry Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Softened cream cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drain cherries, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice for glaze (discard remaining juice or save for another use). Chop cherries; fold the chips, pecans and cherries into the batter.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into greased or paper-lined heart-shaped or miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Combine confectioners' sugar and reserved cherry juice to make a thin glaze; drizzle over muffins. Serve with cream cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 9, 2016
Taste like a chocolate covered cherry! A deliciously different muffin, makes a great brunch or snacktime addition
Feb 4, 2011
We all liked this muffin and didn't change anything. Well make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.