Sourcream Berry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
- Berry Cream Lemon Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed, except substitute 1 cup lemon yogurt for the sour cream and add 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel with the vanilla.
- Berry Streusel Muffins: Prepare muffin recipe as directed. For topping, combine 3 tablespoons each all-purpose flour and quick-cooking oats, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Cut in 2 tablespoons cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 3, 2018
We have been using this recipe in our house for awhile. I usually substitute yogurt for the sour cream. Sometimes I add a mashed banana if I happen to have a really ripe one.
Sep 10, 2017
These were good. Not too sweet and I like that. Next time I'll try with applesauce instead of oil like mom2lauren .
Aug 19, 2016
Wonderful recipe. As a Volunteer Field Editor, I enjoy testing recipes. This one is a keeper. I doubled the recipe and subbed in 1/2 applesauce for the amount of oil called for. They have a nice fine crumb and were enjoyed by my family!
Jan 20, 2016
Excellent!!! Made the raspberry ones substituting plain greek yogurt for the sour cream. Since I freeze berries all summer long this will now be my go-to muffin recipe...... so many possibilities.... thanks for sharing!!!!
Jul 4, 2014
These muffins were by far the best I ever baked and I bake a lot of taste of home recipes .and I did half blueberry and half raspberry .Thanks for sharing this recipe
Sep 14, 2012
These muffins are so delicious!!! I often substitute plain greek yogurt when I don't have sour cream. They are also really tasty with raspberries if you feel like changing it up.
Mar 16, 2012
I make these all the time! They are the very best muffins I have ever had. My friends at work ask me to make those muffins with the Blueberries and raspberries in them. Awsome!!!