Chocolate Sour Cream Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 2, 2019
These are superb muffins. Idk how anyone says they lack flavour. Nothing wrong with recipe. These are excellent with cup of coffee. Thanks
Jun 9, 2015
Ive made muffins many times in my life and this is by far the worst recipe ever. My own dogs wouldnt eat these. Give me your jacket and GTFO OF HELLZ KITCHEN!!!!!!
Mar 19, 2015
I followed recipe as is and needed more sugar. It lacked flavor.
Mar 16, 2015
This recipe is amazing. I also used dark chocolate powder and I used buttermilk instead of milk. Next time I will use coffee instead of water.
Dec 13, 2014
Substitute the water for Coffee! Brings out the chocolate flavour so much better!
Dec 7, 2013
Just made these fabulous muffins. I used yogurt instead of sour cream; milk choc chips instead of semi-sweet. They are decadent and so moist!
Oct 19, 2012
Very good recipe! I used dark chocolate cocoa instead, only because I like dark chocolate. They came out moist like cupcakes -- yum!
Jul 27, 2011
Muffins were a huge hit! One of my daughters has a lactose intolerance so I substituted lactose free milk and mayonnaise (also lactose free) for the sour cream. They were perfect and quick to satisfy a chocolate craving for two girls. FYI for anyone else out there with lactose issues. We use Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips; lactose free as well.
Mar 3, 2011
I didn't have sour cream so I used applesauce like it said in the description. I also didn't have any chocolate chips. They still turned out great! They make great mini-muffins too... bake for 12-14 minutes.
May 16, 2010
These are moist, and the chocolate flavor is not overpowering. I added a mixture of chocolate and peanut butter chips.