Berry Cream Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add berries and toss gently. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 481 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Aug 8, 2017
These muffins are fluffy, moist and fantastic. This recipe is a keeper. I am so excited because I can use any berries I have on hand or in the mood for. I will try some lemon zest next time I make it...
Jun 23, 2017
I made them with strawberries and sprinkled a bit of raw sugar on top of each before baking. Excellent recipe!
Jan 25, 2017
I added a few teaspoons of lemon zest to the raspberries and they were delicious!
Jul 1, 2016
These were really good. I cut the recipe in half as there is only 2 in my house. Will make these again but when I half the recipe I will add a few more berries instead of 1 1/2 cups will make it 1 2/3 or 1 3/4 as there were not quite enough berries
May 4, 2016
These are fantastic! I made them with raspberries, they were incredible!
Sep 1, 2015
These muffins have been a family favorite since the recipe first appeared in 1995. Whether I use a mix of raspberries and blueberries or, in the summer, blackberries from my blackberry patch, Berry Cream Muffins are always very moist and flavorful. This recipe is a real treasure!
May 21, 2015
I have been making these wonderful muffins for years. Always use my largest bowl and usually get between 30 and 36 good sized muffins. Meant to hit the gold stars!
Jan 16, 2015
Very moist, yummy, and delicious!
Aug 17, 2011
These are just what I was looking for in a moist, flavorful muffin. I made some small " shooters" for a bite-sized treat. Maybe next time some lemon zest.....
Jun 6, 2011
I have made these so many times and every one I give them to, loves them. I make these four times and more a year. The best ever! Thank you TASTE of HOME!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.