Cream Cheese Apple Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla; beat until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into cream cheese mixture just until moistened. Fold in apples and bran flakes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 29, 2018
Moist and delicious
Jan 24, 2018
Not enough flavor to make again. thx
Oct 1, 2016
These were wonderful, very moist and delicious. Didn't taste bland at all. I used a tart apples. Maybe the other reviewers who didn't like the muffins used a different, less tart apple. I could see how that would make a difference in the taste. I also used 1 1/2 cups of apple instead of just one cup.
Aug 18, 2013
i agree with RD2Cook...i just made these to the exact and my were bland as well, i also made 2 batches because u state to use 1 package of cream cheese.... ya well my 1 package was 8 oz not 3oz like u say to use...either way with 8oz or 3oz of the cream cheese was bland...sorry!
Apr 29, 2013
Not sure what kind of apples RD2Cook used, or how old his/her cinnamon was, but we did not find these to be bland at all. The cream cheese added a nice texture and the apples made them nice and moist. I accidentally put them in the oven without the melted butter mixed in and had to scoop them out right away, resulting in the topping getting mixed in, but it didn't seem to have any adverse effects. I definitely would make these again.
Oct 30, 2010
I added mini cinnamon chips and the muffins had a delicate cinnamon flavor. Very good!
Oct 7, 2010
Do not waste your time/ingredients. They do not have any flavor, very bland. I whipped up some apple butter so salvage them so they didn't go to waste. Thumbs down on this one.