Raisin Apple Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the apple and raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter. For topping, in a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 180 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Aug 21, 2016
Delicious! I used a scant 3/4 cup each whole wheat and whole grain barley flour, and used brown sugar for a bit more wholesome goodness. My husband says they taste like apple pie in a muffin.My 3 Tbsp scoop (barely filled) was the perfect size to portion out the batter.
Jan 28, 2016
These were good but not great to me. I used whole wheat flour for half the flour called for, and I used almond milk instead of the nonfat milk. Perhaps that is why they weren't great. I'm open to other apple muffin recipes.
Nov 8, 2014
Excellent! These muffins are delicious. The only change I made is I followed one reviewers suggestion and used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and the rest all purpose flour. I also added chopped walnuts to half the recipe (for my husband). Other than that, I followed the recipe and ended up with moist, fluffy and delicious muffins. A lot of apple muffin recipes are too dense and aren't fluffy. These are fluffy deliciousness!
Oct 1, 2014
The muffins were so good that I had to make them for two of my friends and a new neighbor.. We all agree, they are the best! and I got all the credit :) Thank You.
Jan 17, 2013
Delicious muffins! I wasnt so sure about the raisins but they are a nice addition. Batter is a bit thick but yields tender, moist muffins!
Jul 7, 2011
The picture doesn't show the muffins very clearly - they look a bit blurry. I wish I could see what they looked like more!
May 3, 2010
My husband and 3 kiddies agree, these are the BEST muffins ever!! I substitute 3/4 cup whole wheat flour for 3/4 cup all-purpose flour to make it a bit more healthy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.