Applesauce Oat Bran Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the oat bran, flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, applesauce, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing form pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 156 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 179mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Jun 27, 2018
A co-worker asked me to make some bran muffins. The first recipe I tried (not Taste of Home) was for wheat bran muffins. They didn't turn out very good. Then I tried this recipe. These are really good! I have always thought bran muffins are dry and tasteless. These are moist and taste great. And they are fairly healthy!
Apr 15, 2010
Trying to use up my oat bran bought for another recipe I came across this. It is really tasty for a morning muffin and coffee. I also added mini chocolate chips for my extra sweet tooth!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.