Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and orange zest; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Make a well in the center of each muffin; fill with about 2 teaspoons of reserved cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over warm muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 195 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2018
That looks so good
Oct 21, 2017
Great recipe, decided to double it when making it the first time yesterday. Glad I did, they are over half gone already. Very easy recipe, the cranberry & orange really compliment the apples. Will definately be making these muffins often.