Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil- or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2019
Made for a womens group at Church today and well received with a couple of changes: used the entire 15oz can of pumpkin (don't like having left-over); ~1-3/4 cup chopped up fresh cranberries; substituted applesauce for oil 1/4 cup for consistency and Splenda. Made 3 mini-loaves
Dec 20, 2016
Delicious! I might use a few more cranberries next time.
Dec 9, 2016
So good! Loved the sweet and tart flavors. This was a big hit in my house. I will make these again!
Oct 12, 2016
These are so delicious. They do not last in my house! I substitute the sugar for 1 C Splenda and 1C unsweetened Apple sauce. Then I top each muffin with a streusel. Makes about 18-20 muffins.
Nov 20, 2015
Made these for a fall bake sale and they were a hit!I cut the sugar in half and added some applesauce.
Nov 5, 2015
I made these for our weekly ingredient challenge and this week's challenge was pumpkin. It had to be a recipe that we had never tried before. This recipe is average. I would have rated it higher; however, I have a better pumpkin muffin recipe that I enjoy using.
Dec 20, 2014
Delicious! Such a pretty muffin too. Next time I intend to cut the sugar back like some of the other reviews suggested and add more cranberries.
Nov 16, 2014
Easy and wonderful.
Oct 29, 2014
Yum!! Even better the next day :)
Dec 29, 2013
Soft, moist and delicious. I followed the recipe except I used only 1 cup sugar, ½ cup fresh cranberries and ½ cup dried cranberries. It turned out just the way we liked it. Thanks for sharing.