Pecan Cranberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a bowl, toss cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and milk; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans, lemon zest and cranberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 30, 2016
Not impressive at all with the flavor. Wouldn't make again.
Feb 8, 2016
Not all that great.
Jan 13, 2016
Great recipe, wonderful blend of sweet and tangy flavors.
Nov 2, 2015
Wonderful. I made them for a party, and everyone loved them!
Nov 24, 2014
Jan 5, 2014
I added one teaspoon vanilla extract and used 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract instead of the grated lemon peel. Was very simple to make and turned out great!! Will absolutely make again!!
Aug 23, 2012
these were excellent i used a package of cranberries/blueberries and didn't add the 1/4 c of sugar as they are sweet no nuts otherwise the same my grandchildren loved them i will make this again and again
May 9, 2012
One word to describe these muffins...DELICIOUS!!
May 31, 2011
These are addictive--soooo good! Had to substitute walnuts for pecans and added a little lemon juice instead of grated lemon peel. Will make exactly by recipe next time.
Nov 7, 2010
Excellent muffins with a light, almost airy texture. The cranberries and lemon peel give the muffins a bright, crisp-tart flavor.