Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 268 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 6, 2014
Prior reviews were right on - needs more lemon (the flavor is not very pronounced.) These have a good, light texture without being cake-like. Recipe makes a full muffin, so if using a shallow tin, you will easily get more than a dozen. And yes, a little drizzled powder sugar glaze would compliment these quite well to offset the tartness of cranberries. Really a nice recipe.
Nov 14, 2012
Good as is, but I'm a big lemon fan, so if you want more zing, add more lemon extract or zest.~ Theresa
Nov 9, 2012
I just made these muffins for my co-workers & they raved about them. I just bought a new stove so I took them out at 12 ms. I made them again & they burnt on the bottom. Will bake them again but at 350 degrees. I think 400 is too high!!!
Feb 16, 2012
Great, very light, extra tasty with two of my favorites: lemon and cranberry. Next time, I think I'll sprinkle the tops with sugar prior to baking for a little extra sweetness to offset the tartness of the cranberries. The recipe made 16 big muffins for me.
Sep 20, 2011
DELICIOUS!!! I added a bit more of the lemon extract and some lemon zest, just to make it extra lemony.