Lemon/Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, yogurt, oil and lemon zest; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over each muffin. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 7, 2016
Made these muffins this morning....we loved them...they were light, moist and flavorful. I love lemon desserts so next time I might add a couple teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to the recipe. The lemon flavor was good but I like a strong lemon taste. This recipe is a keeper..!!
Jul 31, 2016
These were very moist and delicious Loved the topping. Added a nice crunch.
Jan 17, 2016
I just made these for breakfast this morning. They are wonderful. We loved the light lemon flavor and the raspberries. The topping is crunchy and the texture of the muffins is light. I added two ounces of lime yogurt to make the eight ounces of yogurt that was needed. I will make them again.
Oct 18, 2015
OMG! These were just delicious! Such a light fluffy muffin . Only a few substitutions, I used fat free Greek yogurt and added a 1 tsp lemon juice and little extra lemon zest. Used a stevia baking mix instead of the sugar in the muffins, but used real sugar for the streusel, I wasn't sure if it would turn out. I also added about 2 Tbls amond milk, because the batter was a little thick, probably from the Greek yogurt. For those that said it was bland, add a little extra lemon. Will be making again and again! Thanks so much for posting :)
Oct 4, 2015
So good! I didn't have quite enough lemon yogurt and had to substitute with sour cream. It still had good lemon flavor but I look forward to making this again with the full amount of lemon yogurt the recipe suggests.
Jul 21, 2015
Awesome I used blackberries instead. Delicious.
Jun 23, 2015
JUST MADE THESE, THEY ARE DELICIOUS CANNOT WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND OF 48 YEARS TO TASTE,I KNOW HE WILL LIKE THIS RECIPE
Jun 16, 2015
These muffins were the best. The next day I made another batch and gave some away also
Jun 9, 2015
Perfect-just the way they are.
Jun 9, 2015
Excellent receipt!! My family loves them ! At the top Instead the steussel I put only sugar!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.