Lemon-Blueberry Oat Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg white, room temperature
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, egg white, milk, butter, lemon zest and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in berries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 166 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 28, 2013
I have made it a few times-excellent!
Jul 30, 2013
Made a half batch of these for the first time this week from the Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. Moist and tasty and the streusel topping really dresses them up. Each muffin has 4 WW PointsPlus
Aug 22, 2011
These are really yummy! I used home grown blueberries! Will try whole wheat pastry flour next time.
Mar 23, 2011
These are tasty! Instead of the egg white I added 2T unsweetened applesauce.
Feb 11, 2011
We LOVE these muffins! They are so moist and have a great flavor. They are quickly becoming a staple in our house.I like to use whole-wheat flour instead and use 1/4 tsp of lemon juice in place of the lemon peel.
Feb 6, 2011
I would definately make again. Very moist, great for kids lunches. If you are on WW they count as 4pts
Jan 16, 2010
These are yummy! The batter is very loose, like a cake batter, don't let that scare you - they bake up fine. I use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of lemon extract in place of the lemon peel.