Old-Fashioned Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 192 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2019
May 16, 2018
A good moist muffin with lots of flavor!
Aug 13, 2012
I've made these twice. The recipe is easy and the muffins are delicious. Good recipe.
May 10, 2010
I loved the muffins And the next time I made it I made in a loaf pan and it was great too Next time I'm going to try putting raisins instead of blueberries.
Sep 12, 2009
Lovely, simple flavor. Best the day they are baked, a bit tough the second day. Would make again. They also won a 2nd place ribbon in my local fair!
Aug 15, 2009
they taste great. though i was out of vanilla, so i put a tsp of lemon juice in instead. still tasted great. i dont know though, they almost seemed too dry or something, but had excellent flavor, i thought.