Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In another bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 158 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Mar 22, 2015
Delicious! I used 1/2 t. cinnamon instead of the nutmeg (since I didn't have any). It was wonderful.
May 23, 2011
I made these with ALL whole wheat pastry flour and they are delicious!!! We gobbled them down. They will make a nice snack to have during the week.
Jan 22, 2011
These muffins were very easy to make-very moist. I wanted a little more WW flour so I added 1/2c extra WW and subtracted 1/2c of Reg flour. I also doubled the amount of nutmeg, just in case the extra WW over powered the spice-I think it was still a delicious hint of spice. These muffins were so light that I will probably try the recipe with all WW flour next time.