Orange-Berry Yogurt Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makes15 regular muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries, unthawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk yogurt, orange juice, applesauce, egg whites, egg and orange zest until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 126 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
May 4, 2017
I made these muffins this morning and they were delicious. Taking heed of another review, I decreased the amount of whole wheat flour to 3/4 cup and it seemed to work. I did use King Arthur Flour which always gives me good results (not a paid ad). I used cupcake papers and gave them each a quick spray of cooking spray but I recommend making sure to spray the sides of the papers, too, as mine stuck to the sides. I made 18 muffins and we thought they were delicious. The orange flavor came shining through. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 10, 2015
I tried these muffins today. They sounded delicious but turned out heavy as lead. Will not make again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.