Cranberry Almond Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1/2 cup almonds.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full; drop 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce into the center of each muffin. Cover with enough batter to fill cups three-fourths full; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 24, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe-- I make these when I want a very special muffin for teas, brunches, etc. The only change I make is I add 1/2 c. milk as the dough is very thick otherwise. Also, I put a light powdered sugar glaze w/ almond extract on just after baking. Delicious!!!
Jan 28, 2012
These are not only pretty but delicious. All my favorite flavors. I doubled the recipe.
Jan 12, 2012
So simple, quick, and tastes amazing!
Dec 15, 2010
these are absolutly mouth wateringly good! if you dont believe me make them your slef and find out!