Cream Cheese Cranberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2017
Excellent mini loaves for Christmas gifts.
Feb 6, 2016
These are great for brunch or dessert!
Dec 8, 2015
This is the exact recipe in an old cookbook I found called, Sophie's Cranberry coffeecake. It is baked in a tube or bundt pan at 350 degrees for 65 mins.
Dec 6, 2015
We love it even WITHOUT the glaze topping....so yummy and plenty sweet.
Oct 31, 2015
Very good. Moist and creamy tasting. I omitted the nuts.
Jan 22, 2015
Delicious light buttery flavor.... But I made few changes :) I replaced 2 cups of all-purpose flour with 1 cup of all-purpose flour and 1 cup of coconut flour; replaced pecans with 1/3 cup of whiskey .... Its a little taste of haven now :)
Dec 1, 2014
Excellent muffin. I made a few changes...I used canned cranberries, one cup of sugar and only three eggs. I also baked them at the normal muffin temp of 400 degrees. I will make them again. Delicious buttery flavor with the contrast of tart cranberry. Next time I might add a bit of orange zest.
Nov 28, 2014
These were a huge hit w my family for thanksgiving! We needed a new cranberry recipe n these were perfect! I followed the recipe to the letter n I wouldn't change a thing!
Nov 18, 2013
There is a Cranberry Coffee Cake recipe in last years Taste of Home Fall Baking magazine that is almost identical to this one. The only difference is that this one is in muffin rather than bundt cake form, and this one adds a simple glaze. I don't know if this is a coincidence, our if this recipe was "inspired" by that one (or perhaps vice versa). Either way it is a very tasty muffin/cake, and the cream cheese adds richness and moisture. The reviews that said these were dry must have over baked them.
Jun 23, 2012
Very yummy muffins! They were beautiful and everyone enjoyed them. However, they were a tiny bit dry and the cream cheese was barely able to be tasted. 20 minutes was more than enough, 22 crisped the bottoms. A keeper, but maybe with a few changes.