Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 24 pecan halves, optional
- For the filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Divide half of the batter among 24 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls over batter. Top with remaining batter. Place a pecan on each muffin if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 29, 2014
Nov 27, 2013
I love pumpkin and cream cheese so this recipe was a "for sure try" for me. I made them for work and didn't even get one because they were gone in a flash. Definitely recommend.
Nov 2, 2012
These were good when they were fresh, but not as good after sitting. Since I was taking them to a girls' weekend, I was underwhelmed.
Oct 22, 2012
Made a double batch and they were gone quickly. We had family visiting... I noticed they just weren't eating them for breakfast
Oct 7, 2012
Soooo yummy! I made these exactly as stated in the recipe. They are almost like Tim Horton's pumpkin muffins.
Mar 5, 2011
I've made this recipe several times and it always comes out perfect. Sometimes a use a struedel topping...yummy!
Oct 16, 2010
I have to make these muffins over and over again for my husband and three year old. They love them! this is a great recipe!
Oct 12, 2010
I don't need or want to change a thing about this recipe. It is the most frequently request thing I make in the fall....
Nov 26, 2009
Just about the best muffin I have ever eaten! I am a mother of 5 and when I make these, the entire recipe is gobbled down in one day!
Nov 15, 2009
I have already made this for my family several times because they keep asking for them! They are so yummy!