Frosted Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost muffins. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 18, 2015
My very favorite cupcake recipe! I make my own cream cheese frosting. Thanks for posting!
Dec 7, 2014
Very good and so easy to make! I made these as mini muffins and it made 48. I substituted the pecans (nut allergy) w/ holiday sprinkles and they were a big hit!
Dec 11, 2011
Excellent. I make these "bite size" AND definitley make my own frosting. I'm not a fan of canned frosting for any recipe. Only problem. I eat TOO MANY cause they are so good.!!!
Oct 1, 2010
Quick and easy and Ohh soo gooood I make my own cream cheese frosting and these are excellent!!!
May 8, 2010
This is my absolute FAVORITE cupcake recipe of all time! They are so moist and delicious, everyone I have ever given them to adores them, even a self-proclaimed cupcake hater. Now he asks for these by name!