Frosted Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost muffins. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 246 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2015
My very favorite cupcake recipe! I make my own cream cheese frosting. Thanks for posting!
Dec 7, 2014
Very good and so easy to make! I made these as mini muffins and it made 48. I substituted the pecans (nut allergy) w/ holiday sprinkles and they were a big hit!
Dec 11, 2011
Excellent. I make these "bite size" AND definitley make my own frosting. I'm not a fan of canned frosting for any recipe. Only problem. I eat TOO MANY cause they are so good.!!!
Oct 1, 2010
Quick and easy and Ohh soo gooood I make my own cream cheese frosting and these are excellent!!!
May 8, 2010
This is my absolute FAVORITE cupcake recipe of all time! They are so moist and delicious, everyone I have ever given them to adores them, even a self-proclaimed cupcake hater. Now he asks for these by name!