Cheesecake Pumpkin Muffins
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- PRALINE TOPPING:
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and flour until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and sour cream; spoon over batter. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 354 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 13, 2018
Made these festive muffins yesterday and they were moist and tender. I added extra seasonings (1/16 tsp of cloves, nutmeg, ginger) and still found them to be a little bland. The cream cheese filling was not memorable and the topping was very scant and sticky - and remained sticky after cooling. Maybe I’m a harsh critic - shared with friends and they enjoyed them!
Oct 8, 2017
I added some extra seasoning, and these were fantastic! Very tender and full of flavor.
Nov 10, 2014
These muffins were a big hit with my co-workers. They take some time to put together, but worth it in the end. Yum!
Oct 19, 2014
Simply amazing! These muffins are wonderful!
Oct 13, 2014
Sorry. This was the worst pumpkin recipe I have ever made. The baking soda amount was over the top and the pumpkin muffin tasted like baking soda. It was awful. This recipe needs to be deleted. O stars. Just awful. Do not make.
Oct 12, 2014
I added double strength vanilla to batter and cream cheese filling. Delicious.
Jun 23, 2014
fantastic. I would also double the praline topping next time and add pumpkin pie spice.
Nov 13, 2013
Absolutely terrific recipe. I made these for the crew I work with and the men came back asking for the recipe. Nice texture, the cream cheese filling stays soft even the muffins are cool, and the praline topping is terrific. I doubled it the second time I made the recipe for even more crunch and flavor.
Oct 16, 2013
Absolutely delicious! Made these for my family and they loved them.
Oct 8, 2013
These were very tasty and moist! I used almost all applesauce instead of oil, and I added some allspice, cloves and vanilla. Thank you for sharing!