Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 204 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
I would like to know if I could use fresh pumpkin in this recipe? I will make these and then make them using the idea from Rebecca.
Feb 2, 2018
These muffins turned out well A good basic muffin and easy to put together.
Jan 27, 2018
I read the comments from others that have made these muffins. The general consensus was that they were a not dry so I used the whole can of pumpkin. I also used coconut oil instead if regular canola oil. And because of tbe little bit of baking soda that is in the recipe I added a about 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar. I hope this helps them come out moist and fluffy as well as freezable for later use. Ill add a comment once we get them out of the oven and dig in.I omitted the topping
Nov 9, 2017
I did not like the flavor and my family did not like it either. Not sure what was off about these, they did seem a bit dense.
Jan 21, 2017
I was not impressed with these. My family prefers the pumpkin-apple streusel muffins. They have more flavour and are very moist.
Oct 20, 2016
These are really good and moist. The topping is great, too. I made them in the larger muffin tins to get six big ones.
Oct 10, 2016
A bit dense on day 2, but that happens to lots of muffins. Really good flavor and definitely hit that seasonal craving :)
Oct 7, 2016
I used half cup of oats. A wonderful recipe.
Nov 29, 2014
Glad I doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed these moist, tender and delicious muffins. They are great for breakfast or snack. Definitely I will make this again soon for family gathering.
Sep 30, 2014
So very good. I changed the raisins to currants an added nuts. Perfect with coffee for breakfast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.