Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the egg, pumpkin, milk and oil; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle 1 rounded teaspoonful over each muffin. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 204 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 9, 2017
I did not like the flavor and my family did not like it either. Not sure what was off about these, they did seem a bit dense.
Jan 21, 2017
I was not impressed with these. My family prefers the pumpkin-apple streusel muffins. They have more flavour and are very moist.
Oct 20, 2016
These are really good and moist. The topping is great, too. I made them in the larger muffin tins to get six big ones.
Oct 10, 2016
A bit dense on day 2, but that happens to lots of muffins. Really good flavor and definitely hit that seasonal craving :)
Oct 7, 2016
I used half cup of oats. A wonderful recipe.
Nov 29, 2014
Glad I doubled the recipe. Everyone enjoyed these moist, tender and delicious muffins. They are great for breakfast or snack. Definitely I will make this again soon for family gathering.
Sep 30, 2014
So very good. I changed the raisins to currants an added nuts. Perfect with coffee for breakfast.
Feb 6, 2014
These Pumpkin Oat Muffins are my family and my daughters friends favorite. It took me several Pumpkin Muffins to find the perfect one. I make these all year round. I can't keep them on the plate!
Dec 20, 2013
I made this without raisins and it was great!
Sep 15, 2013
Instead of the oil I used unsweetened applesauce. It made the muffins a little healthier.