Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 to 16 pecan halves, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over filling; return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Top with chopped pecans. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 230 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2018
I have made this several times and it's delicious. I use crushed gingerbread cookies instead of graham crackers for the crust. Definitely add the sour cream topping. It helps balance out the sweetness of the cheesecake.
Oct 1, 2017
Made this many times and it’s always good. Don’t skip the sour cream topping!
Jul 20, 2017
I don't care for pumpkin, but I love this cheesecake!!
Jan 24, 2016
Delicious ! I made it twice. First time was excellent. Second time tasted great but didn't stay together very well. Might e my mistake, but I take one star off.
Dec 23, 2015
I loved this recipe a lot of people said to not use the sour cream part and I decided to do it anyway because it was my first time making it. Instead of doing it the way they told you too. I did 2 cups of sour cream about 4 tablespoons of.sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. It made all the difference. You can also play with the flavors of the actual cheesecake part and make it thicker by adding more cream cheese.
Dec 1, 2013
This was a very easy cheesecake to prepare. I made it in a smaller springform pan to make it a little thicker and it turned out excellent. Definitely plan to make it again.
Oct 2, 2013
Flavor is excellent. I prefer a thicker cheesecake layer, but this cheesecake may really appeal to those who like a thinner cheesecake. I drizzled each slice with some maple syrup - very good!
Oct 2, 2013
Flavor was excellent. I would have preferred a thicker cheesecake layer, but this may be a good cheesecake for those who prefer a thinner layer.
Mar 29, 2013
Ever since I first made this delicious cheesecake for Thanksgiving dinner a couple of years ago, my family and friends request it often. It is also our new Thanksgiving tradition :) Thanks for such a wonderful recipe!!!!
Dec 13, 2012
I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I always have to make 2 because everyone loves it!