Mom’s Best Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin swirls not only turn this fall cheesecake into a showstopper, but they also seem to make it more delicious! —Jami Geittmann, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, additional ground cinnamon and caramel syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Combine crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat 1 pkg. of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, until smooth. Beat in remaining sugar and the vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Place 2 cups filling in a small bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour half of plain filling over crust; dollop with half of pumpkin filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl. Repeat layers and swirling.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. If desired, top with whipped cream and cinnamon or caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 518 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 152mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkin Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.