Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 cups finely crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, flour and butter; press into an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, flour, milk and spices. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 458 calories, 27g fat (13g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 19, 2017
This is a pumpkin pie NOT a cheesecake. I love this pie, this will be my 4th year making it for Thanksgiving
Nov 30, 2016
I'm always looking for easy around the holidays. This was great. My husband isn't a cheesecake fan, but he loved it. Enough cheesecake to make me happy and enough pumpkin pie for him. I agree about deep dish pie plate, it is a must for perfect pie.
Dec 5, 2015
This is good, but not outstanding. It's a little richer than pumpkin pie, not quite as heavy as a cheesecake might be, and not very different from either one. The flavor was good and we all enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'll make it again. I gave it 4 stars instead of 3 only because of the pecan shortbread crust ... we really liked that, and it was a unique touch that raised this dessert a little above the ordinary.
Dec 18, 2014
This is so good!!! I have made it several times, and everyone loved it! Very easy to make also!So much better than making a large cheesecake! Yummy!
Dec 30, 2013
I don't eat pumpkin pie, but my extremely picky husband gave this his thumbs up, so it must be very good!
Dec 16, 2013
Very tasty but more like pumpkin pie than a pumpkin cheesecake, which was what I was expecting. Easy to prepare.
Dec 1, 2013
My daughter at the last minute decided she wanted to try to make a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and found this recipe. She is a beginner baker and was able to complete this from start to finish with little help and it turned out delicious. The texture was very light and fluffy and the crust was delicious. We had some left over filling that we put in ramekins and enjoyed with some whipped cream.
Dec 25, 2012
This was so easy to make and very tasty!
Nov 26, 2012
This has a very good flavor and texture. The crust really adds a wonderful flavor
May 30, 2012
This was excellent and most people preferred this over the traditional Pumpkin pie. Make sure you use a deep dish pie plate and if you bake more than 1 at a time you may need to increase the baking time.