Cream Cheese Rhubarb Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Whipped cream
- Sliced almonds
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt. Add water; stir until smooth. Add rhubarb. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour into the pie shell; bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for topping, beat cream cheese, eggs and sugar until smooth. Pour over pie. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Cool. Chill several hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds.
May 11, 2013
i used my 1.5 cups sugar and 2tbls tapioca for pie filling,
May 14, 2012
easy to make and looked perfect
Sep 16, 2011
WOW, so good! And easy to make. My company loved it too!
May 26, 2011
This was delicious! Everyone loved it. I was told it was "too die for" and "something you'd get at a nice restaurant". It was very easy to make. It did take about 6 minutes for the sauce to thicken, but that was the only time alteration I had to make. I will definitely be making this again!
May 25, 2010
My favorite recipe for rhubarb. Just yummy!
May 2, 2010
A cheesecake and a pie all in one. Nice way to use rhubarb.
Jul 28, 2009
Be sure to use a deep dish pie shell for this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.