Lemon Cream Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) lemon-flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 pie shells (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- Lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in butter. Gently stir in 1/3 cup lemon juice. Cool for several hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Stir in pudding mix and remaining lemon juice.
- Fold into chilled lemon filling. Divide and spoon into baked pie shells. Refrigerate for several hours. Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 378 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 21, 2010
This pie is delicious. Made it for years somehow misplaced recipe. This morning reading about it in "South Dakota Magazine". Making it now. Nice texture, tart, sweet, cool, creamy. Perfect dessert. NanCee Maynard Taste of Home field editor from South Dakota (Sorry the first review may have been sent incomplete as we had a power glitch and it disappeared).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.