Pumpkin Pie Custard
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat first four ingredients until smooth. Add sugar, salt and spices; mix well. Divide among ramekins.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 120 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 14, 2017
I cut the recipe down for two--so delicious!! For spices, I used cinnamon and pie spice. Thank you, Nancy, for sharing this recipe.
Sep 23, 2015
I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, but not the sugar and calories. I was excited to try this recipe, but was disappointed with the bland taste. I didn't change anything in the recipe except substituting the sugar with stevia. Sweetness wasn't the problem. Of course, I could experiment with additional spices, but I'm not too sure it's a keeper. Maybe I'll give it one more try with some adjustments.
Feb 8, 2013
i did not like it
Sep 29, 2012
This is a great recipe. I often don't like the crust from pumpkin pie - this is perfect! I think its best when its cold!!! It was delightful.
Mar 12, 2012
I love this one! i use splenda instead of the sugar and it still is great. Even my little ones enjoy it!
Nov 24, 2011
Our family made a commitment to healthy eating over 2 yrs ago. Holidays can be the hardest. My oldest hates pie crust put loves the pumpkin pie filling. So I did a search and so glad I did as these were amazing. The best part of the pumpkin pie at portions we can all eat.
Aug 13, 2009
Wonderful! I have made this in custard cups topped with Cool Whip probably 25 times. I use Splenda and it comes out great. My husband should not have sugar. He wants this all the time!
Mar 4, 2009
I usually bake it in a large round casserole dish. Bake it longer until set. I am going to add another fat-free pumpkin custard to my ecipes that uses honey. Look for it soon. NanZim
Dec 6, 2008
Pumpkin pie without the drama of pie crust. Terrific!
Dec 4, 2008
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS....TOOK IT TO THANKSGIVING DAY DINNER & EVEN THOSE WHO DON'T CARE FOR PUMKIN PIE ASKED FOR SECONDS. WILL DEFINITELY BE ON OUR 'KEEPER' LIST!!!! THANKS FOR THE RECIPE!